Re: [svg-developers] is working in IE7 and ASV

Fri, 02 Mar 2007 04:52:29 -0800

Andreas,

I have tried numerous approaches to get <object> to work, including
putting an <embed> inside an <object>, (as some have suggested) hence
declaring redundant pointers to the SVG file, but given what Adobe
says about the plugin, (Martin Honnen wrote something about it here
about two months ago, I think) it seems unlikely that it'll work. The
SVG Wiki has a more convoluted approach that attempts to preserve
XHTML validation. I haven't tried it.

For <iframe> the only way I've been able to get scripting to work in
IE7 is shown at
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGiframe.html .  In it I
pass the SVGDocument as an object from a small script in the SVG. The
script in HTML then receives that object and is able to work with it.
Otherwise there is an "access is denied" error.

Doug Schepers says he has ways of doing <iframe> though, apparently
without such a workaround.

Let me know if the above example doesn't work for you in IE7, since
it does work for me. I have seen some odd issues pertaining to server
configuration with IE7, that I don't understand quite yet.

I'll try and look at your examples later, but you ought to be able to
open plain SVG files in IE7. -- That suggests a browser configuration
problem of some sort. I believe most of carto.net is visible to me in
IE7. (I use IE6 at the office and IE7 at home -- it's a long story)

regards,
David

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM