Hi all,

I am working on a web-app using SVG with a bunch of ecmascript.  It
basically uses SVG as a 2D CAD system for assembling connected
collections of components.

Naturally I am concerned about the future of SVG.  Adobe has stopped
development on ASV.  Looking at a broad user base, most folks will
have to install the ASV plugin to use my product, while
FireFox/Mozilla users will not.  There is a certain barrier to use
involved in installing a plug-in.

I would guess that before too long this situation will reverse.  That
is, Silverlight will not require a plug-in install in some future
update to IE 6/7.  While all other browsers will require a plug-in
install for Silverlight.

So, my question #1.  Have any of you made significant forays into
using Silverlight?  Into coding ecmascript or PHP or other
client/server languages in Silverlight?  What is your experience?

A bit off topic, my question #2.  I am using X3D and FluxPlayer to
enable 3D viewing of the assemblies.  Okay so far, but no mac support.
 Do any of you have any recommendations to make about X3D plug-ins or
other usable technology?

Thank you,

Stephen