Hi all,

Since i discover that FF3 supports patterns with bitmaps, i'm working
to make my site compliant with FF3.
The bigger problem (until this time) comes from parseXML.
This is my context :
My framework is composed of a frame divided in three parts. First
frame is a html menu with links, second and third frames are html with
embed svg.
I have to include a pattern extracted from the second frame's svg to
third frame's svg.
With IE+ASV3, parseXML(printNode(mynode),SVGDocument) makes the job,
not in FF3.

First, I found a script PrintAndParse.js supplied by Kevin Lindsey
and Doug Schepers (thinks for all the work they give to us(and the
core team of svg-developers group)), trying to make it work in my
context, but i fail. I had mainly an "operation is not supported"
message error with importNode. Perhaps i missed something somewhere ...

Searching deeper in google, i found a simple xml syntax and now i can
replace :

this IE+ASV javascript in svg syntax
bn=parseXML(printNode(mynode),SVGDocument);
bag_node.appendChild(bn);

by this FFX3 javascript in svg syntax:

bag_node.appendChild(SVGDocument.importNode(mynode,true));

To keep IE+ASV3 and FF3 compatibility, i group these syntax in a
function :

function AddANode(docdest,mynode,dest)
{
if(window.parseXML){
bn=parseXML(printNode(mynode),docdest);
dest.appendChild(bn);
} else
{
dest.appendChild(docdest.importNode(mynode,true));
}
}
call by :
bag_node=SVGDocument.getElementById(patternbag);
AddANode(SVGDocument,a_node,bag_node);

and now, two svg can exchange patterns with javascript through framed
html, in IE+ASV3 and FF3b3!

Hope this will help you.

Philippe
http://www.visualkit.com ... not yet FF3 compliant.

PS : Opera deals with patterns and bitmap since years, but I can't
find a working example of svg-html-svg communication for Opera. Is
someone know if this is (will) implemented?