On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:45:50 +0100, philsvg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer Andreas.
>
> Concerning  Opera, yes it should, but i can't found a simple example
> that shows Opera can communicate in html-svg-html mode.

Like Andreas said it should work just like in Firefox (here are two
examples that show html<->svg communication):

   http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/scripting-across-object.html
   http://jwatt.org/svg/demos/scripting-across-embed.html

The svg wiki also has some examples:

   http://wiki.svg.org/Inter-Document_Communication

If given the choice I would use <object> rather than <embed>.

> The example i found which demonstrate FFX can do it doesn't work with
> opera (i didn't try beta version).

I would like to see how that looks like, do you have a link, or could you
post the source?

Cheers
/Erik

Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group