Hi David,
I wouldn't hold up too much hope based on the namespace document. I saw
this when it was first published in March, but I doubt if this has much
value as a hint about MS's future intentions regarding bundling SVG support
within IE. In fact, it might lead one to think that they are expecting the
community to provide an SVG plugin (i.e., ASV or replacement for ASV) due
to their examples of integrating SVG support via binary behaviors. I hope
MS has finally decided to stop its policy of slowing the Open Web by
holding back support for SVG (and attempting to force people to use
Silverlight instead and thereby lock people into their platform).

Incidentally, OpenAjax Alliance polled leading Ajax developers about what
features are most important in future browsers and "2D vector graphics" was
the top request.

* http://www.openajax.org/runtime/wiki/Summary_Report

Just to be clear, the Ajax community wants *native* SVG support (and
Canvas) in IE, like what we are seeing in Opera and Webkit. (Mozilla appear
to be finally completing its support for SVG, including SMIL.)

Jon Ferraiolo

             "ddailey"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             rnet.net>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             hoogroups.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [svg-developers] Microsoft beta
             07/29/2008 06:55          namespace and SVG
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
               hoogroups.com

Sam Ruby brought this to the attention of the HTML WG
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=ie8whitepapers&ReleaseId=573

The HTML WG has enjoyed a recent debate about SVG support within HTML  for
some weeks now-- see the discussion leading from
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Jul/0179.html among
other places. I don't claim to know what many of the issues really are, but
I know there are people who hang out here who may not hang out there, so I
thought you might find it to be of interest.

David