On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 02:52:50 +0100, Frank Bruder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When the slider is moved, you can call setCurrentTime() on the root
> element
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/struct.html#InterfaceSVGSVGElement>
> First you'll have to call pauseAnimations() so the animations will not
> run when the slider isn't moved.
>
> If you need to obtain any values for the time to which you slided,
> then use the respective animVal instead of getAttributeNS().

Yes, either animVal, or the getPresentation*Trait methods[1]. I found the
TraitAccess methods easier to work with for the presentation attributes / css
properties than the SVG 1.1 way with the CSS OM [2]. However, for attributes I
still prefer the SVG 1.1 syntax, mostly because that works in all the
svg-capable web browsers.

> One problem which arises is how to determine the time span which the
> slider should parametrize. Animations can loop indefinitely, so there
> is no global end time for an animated SVG.

Yes, that is difficult to say, and not always applicable. There has been some
discussion about adding an attribute on the root svg element to say what the
intrinsic duration is [3].

Cheers
/Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__TraitAccess