Hi Wade,
Thanks for the reply. You are right I have to generate the svg at
runtime. I guess my question then is how to link everything up.
Basically I want a link on web page on which I have some selection
lists and based on the selection when I hit the link the page just
generates and shows up the svg diagram in the browser. There are some
features mentioned in the Batik website which aren't supported yet.
   But, the question is that can I use Batik in a webapp. The sample
in the website shows only the swing version. Could you throw some
light on how to put it on web? Do I write on to a file on the server ?
Please put in a code snippet  if possible.
Optionally I also want to have a link on that svg file through which I
can come back to the original page.

Thanks