At 17:01 +0000 5/11/08, dupemenot wrote:

>I have to generate some data powered diagrams using svg.
>I am using jsp along with struts. Could you guys tell me what are the
>options I have ?

I haven't had time to develop this properly but I do it with a
straightforward Perl cgi.  Look at
<http://pianomaker.co.uk/cgi-bin/actionsvg.pl>.  This is a VERY
unfinished project but if you change some of the data you will get
changes in the svg.  There is nothing wrong with the principle of the
thing; it's just that I spent a day or two on the project and then,
having shown that it worked, left it for when I have more time to
write the script properly.

The data is sent from the form in the html page and converted into a
Perl hash.  The script uses ("includes") a simple "SVG_" module that
I have written for my own purposes, since the distributed SVG module
is far too geekish and verbose for my taste.  The script creates the
SVG file using the new data and represents the html with this
embedded and the data updated to match the last submission.  The same
thing could be done with PHP or any other scripting language but I
happen to use and like Perl.  I create all my SVG drawings using Perl
and my SVG_.pm module, which is a piece of cake.

The above cgi works well in Firefox but not in Opera, simply because
I was working with Firefox at the time and haven't studied why it
misbehaves in Opera.  As to IE, I don't know and I don't care.

JD