Hi SVG Prof,
As David, I am also not sure what do you mean exactly, but have
another interpretation: If you have a filled circle, and you have
another shape which partially overlaps this circle, then the
overlapping part of this shape will be cut out. In such a case put the
<circle .... /> at the end of your code, just before the </svg>.
Cheers, Samy

--- In svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, "ddailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure if I follow, so let's start with an example:
>
> http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/carveholes.svg
>
> In this, clicking in the blue rectangle cuts holes in it so we can
see what is behind.

> What doesn't happen here is that the holes do not then "block" the
addition of new holes (in ways that one might consider suboptimal).