At 01:50 +0000 5/12/08, Kenneth Nellis wrote:

>You can create PDF files of SVG from Safari?? Please, tell me the
>trick. I just get a blank page except for the page headers, the same
>as when I do Print Preview. FWIW, I'm running OS X 10.4, Safari
>3.2.1 with the ASV 3.0 plugin. BTW, Firefox 3.0.4 works fine.
>
>Here's a sample file:
><http://homepage.mac.com/nellisks/stereo_svg/wireFrames/trunc_oct.svg>http://homepage.mac.com/nellisks/stereo_svg/wireFrames/trunc_oct.svg

Sorry for the delay in replying -- I don't read all the postings religiously.

I had no trouble creating the vector pdf file from your link in
Safari using the Print/Save as PDF... option.  Perhaps you need to
change your page set-up or something.

As to the ASV plug-in, surely that has nothing to do with it.  Surely
Safari is now self-sufficient for SVG?

Robert Longson replied to my query that FireFox uses Cairo for the
conversion.  How Safari does it I don't know.  I have since installed
Cairo on the Mac, not without a lot of difficulty, and see that it is
not a complete solution, since attributes such as opacity are not
respected, but anything is better than a rasterized output.

JD