Interest survey - seriously, I'm takin' names. If this interests you, please
respond. I'll help make sure it works well for you.
I'm building an easy to use websocket server. You won't need to be a server
guru to use it. It's for normal people. It's already sending messages to and
from a web-browser. (That's a big thing; so this isn't just pie in the sky.) I
have also already build most of the mechanisms for a normal http server (your
web pages), that will be included in the same server system.
Plans include being able to build server-side application components in
JavaScript (or other language if you prefer). I really, really mean it. I don't
have all your resumes, but I know that you're pretty sophisticated web page
builders. If you can do all that, you will be able to build sophisticated HTML5
applications with websockets, including the server-side stuff. And you'll be
able to run it yourself on any machine you choose - including whatever machine
you're on now.
If you've been signed up for svg-developers for a long time, and have a really
good memory, you may recall that I've been building a system called "High Level
Logic (HLL)" for a while.http://highlevellogic.blogspot.com/I'm going to use
code from that to make the server easier to use and eventually integrate all of
HLL with it - making very sophisticated "intelligent" applications easy.
I want to know the level of interest among people in this group - even if you
might like to get in early and influence development. Are you:
Just curiousSerious about HTML5 but don't know what websockets areSerious about
HTML5 and find websockets interesting but don't have a project in mindThis all
sounds interesting but will have to think about itWOW! Now you're talking. Sign
me up!Other
It's not a problem. It's an opportunity.
Correlation does not prove causality.      Truphone