http://granite.sru.edu/~ddailey/svg/B/BBox2.svg

It works in Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE, ASV; not in FF. The error console
gives what looks like a Bounding box error, but the thing I'm trying to
measure is a path and it has a nontrivial (and proper) value for its d
attribute, based on placing an alert just prior to the Bbox thing

If it were any browser other than FF that disagreed with all others, I would
blame the browser, but FF tends to have very little tolerance for my
oft-exhibited carelessness and a hefty respect for the letter of the spec.

What have I done wrong?

Cheers

David

(BTW, the pretty stars attached as data to the above were generated in
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/Draw018.html -- another of those
drawing things like svgedit and what Frances H. and Chris Peto worked on a
zillion years ago when svg was still running on fossil fuels. There are a
few things I like better about our thing than SVG Edit: randomness,
context-sensitivity, Bezier editing, curve smoothing, and stars. For the
last three I always use it. For random polygons --
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/svg/SVGOpen2010/Polygons/polygons8.ht
ml can't be beat at least not yet!)