Hi,

I am a newbie to Batik. I came to it with an task in mind and thought it was a
match made in heaven at first. Then that dwindled away.

I want to read in a .svg that extensively uses <symbol> and <use> tags.
This information is fairly accessible from the DOM but I loose all the geometry
that exists.
Using GVT on the other hand gives me all the geometry but without the original
tag information.

So it goes one step too far for what I am in need off.

My pitch is to ask whether anyone has worked on this before, or suggested that
it be implemented but wasn't.
In the archives I have not come across any as of yet (still looking through
them).

If there is no way to grab this info I may be willing to code it and submit my
stuff.

Any guidance or help is appreciated.

Also forgive me for being too explicit or not explicit enough.

Thanks,

Zainab