Hello Everyone!

Let me introduce a new interactive web application with a possibility to
generate the planisphere as a cutting that can be assembled into a handy
tool for astronomical observations. When date is adjusted to the appropriate
time (the bottom scale is for daylight saving time), there are displayed
just corresponding constellations in the map area. Sun, Moon and planets
aren't shown as their positions are time dependent. Because of involving
modern technologies, browsers without their support can display the content
incorrectly.

This app is SVG based. The benefit of this solution is that just single
rendering engine is necessary for both HTML page and PDF output (PDF can be
converted from SVG quite easily).

The best results are achieved with Firefox. MSI9 works also quite well
(surprisingly). Safari slightly falls behind. Despite claims the superb
standard support, both Chrome and Opera are failing. After they pass my
'ACID' test, I will trust them :-)

Thanks to all for your answers here in this forum as it helped me a lot to
move my project forward to this final stage.

Regards,
Jan