From: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:svg-developers@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Colin
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:25 PM
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [svg-developers] Alpha gradient made with a filter?

Hello,

Midway through a chain of primitives, I want to apply an alpha gradient so
that the filtered element is completely visible at the left end and
completely invisible at the right end.

It can't be achieved with a mask because the SourceGraphic (which gets
blended back in at the end) has to be fully visible; only the filtered
version should have this alpha gradient.

I'm fairly new to SVG filters. Having scoured the W3C spec, I can't find any
way to achieve this.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Colin.