> > Even if you are just creating still graphics, like a scalable logo for
> > example, any text within the logo can be indexed.
> >

> That's of course true. But does it really make a difference in pratice? (SEO
> is not a need for the people I talked with, anyway.)

Of course it is. One of the major downfalls of web graphics is that they
contain no meta description data and no way to identify information beyond what
the human eye can decipher.

I don't think that you're considering the fact that a website can be fully
designed using pure SVG. How long have Flash developers complained that their
nice, shiny webpages lack the ability to be spidered? Canvas is pretty much
identical to Flash in this aspect, it is all scripted. SVG, on the other hand
is just XML, behind the scenes; all of your pages will be seen by Google :)