Hi,

Marty Sullivan has claimed that it's better to put SVG's on your website as SVG
rather than SVGZ. I've yet to hear that from anybody else so I'd like to know
the opinion of others on this.

There is a third option, particularly if you have multiple simiar files (as is
likely with a web comic). That is to us a CGI script to generate SVG on the fly
and serve it. This would allow a certain amoung of server space saving as you
only have to have one copy of the repeated bits. It also makes it easyer to
change the repeated bits. (Of course you can use external css and js files and
should be able to access parts from other SVG files but I don't think this is
widely supported and including SVG(Z) files in image elements doesn't allow
their external files or their interactivity and animation to work.) How does
this compare to using SVG or SVGZ?

I suppose there's also SVG web. Is that still alive? I've looked at it but it
had serious limitations.

Any other ways to serve SVG pictures?

Richard Pearman       http://www.pixelpalaces.com/
The next stage in the evolution of web comics:
http://www.onlinecomics.net/pages/details/listing.php?comicID=4415
Read my Helium articles: http://www.helium.com/users/212199
South Alberta Cactus and succulent society:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20360241008
Make money from discussing things: http://www.myLot.com?ref=Graptopetalum