When I add an examples property in the responses object, the example is
automatically minified.

Here's an example. Go
here: http://idratherassets.com/restapicourse/swaggercomplete/. Expand
Weather Data, then look for the "400" Response (test operation). (This
comes after the 200 example.) That JSON is minified. But if you look at the
YAML file
(http://idratherassets.com/restapicourse/swaggercomplete/swagger_weather.yml),
search for "400:", you'll see that the JSON is not minified there.

Also, if I change it to the formatting to this:

        400:
         examples:
            application/json: >
              {
               "query": {

or use | or |- instead of >, then the JSON also gets escaped (in addition
to being minified).

Is this a known bug?