Hello Swagger community!

I had spoken with Tony and Ron a few months ago (when SmartBear joined
MicroProfile <http://microprofile.io/>) about this, but posting this to the
group to spread the awareness of this activity in the community.

We're developing a new Java specification, called MicroProfile OpenAPI
<https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-open-api>, which aims to
standardize a set of interfaces and programming models that implement the
OpenAPI
v3
<https://github.com/OAI/OpenAPI-Specification/blob/master/versions/3.0.0.md>
spec.
This is based on the set of interfaces and classes that make up the
swagger-core <https://github.com/swagger-api/swagger-core> libraries, with
modifications and enhancements made via the MicroProfile community.

This is akin to how the OpenAPI v3 spec is based on the Swagger v2 spec.
In this case, the MicroProfile OpenAPI spec is based on the Swagger
interfaces.

Please note that the MicroProfile OpenAPI will only be the specification -
not the implementation.  Just like JAX-RS is just a specification, not an
implementation.

The goal is that once this spec is complete, that we will have various Open
Source implementations of this spec, eg: Open Liberty, Wildfly Swarm, etc,
and hopefully Swagger-core will be an implementor as well! (given the spec
is derived from the Swagger interfaces, it shouldn't take much work to
implement it).

So this post is to:
- bring awareness of this new MicroProfile OpenAPI spec
- invite this community to participate
<https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/OpenAPI> in the spec
- invite this community to start thinking about implementing the spec in
the Swagger libraries

Thanks,
Arthur