Sorry, I forgot to include my other question in my last post.  Most
(but not all) classic video game collectors are trying to get as
complete a collection as possible for each console they own.  Whether
that includes cartridge label, box, and manual variations depends on
the collector.

I assume you guys have more defined goals that "get it all."  Do you
collect based on:

a) Type of game (adventure, driving/racing, interactive fiction, etc.)
b) Publisher (Activision, EA, Infocom, etc.)
c) Series (Ultima, Wizardry, Leisure Suit Larry, etc.)
d) Games you've enjoyed/heard good things about
e) Other

I believe I once read in an article that Hugh wrote that he and/or
others collect the "album-type" EA packages.  Maybe I should have just
submitted this as a poll question at MobyGames.

Since I don't truly consider myself a collector, I probably fall
mainly into category D.  I'm mainly interested in games I've heard
good things about and think I'll enjoy.  I do pick up complete Infocom
interactive fiction games for the PC when I find them because I
enjoyed a few from my Apple II days, they have neat extra items
(Microscopic Space Fleet!), and most of them run fine on the latest
machines since timing isn't usually an issue.  I don't usually pick up
non-PC versions, although I might grab an Apple II one if I saw it.

And since I mentioned it, do you collect box variations?  How many
people are on this list, anyway?

--
Lee K. Seitz  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Wanted:                     |   Visit the Classic Video Games Nexus