> I'm curious as to how all you guys started collecting. Also, what do you
do
> with all these games once you've got them? Are they all stored away or do
> you put some of them on display?

I got started when I first attempted to accumulate a complete set of
Infocom packages, shortly after I first discovered the Internet in
college.  While doing this I came across other games I wanted to play
(like Michael Berlyn's "Oo-Topos") and Infocom package variations
beyond the grey boxes.  I was fascinated, one thing led to another...

My entire collection is kept in the back room of my apartment.  I have
four floor-to-ceiling bookshelves that I file them on (still with a good
deal of expansion space), alphabetically by publisher, then by title,
then organized by package variation.  In addition, I have three cassette
cases (need to buy a fourth pretty soon) for my tape-based Spectrum and
Amstrad adventure games, and three trunks (I like the "treasure chest"
motif) for my Infocom greys.