Hey gang,

I'm finally geared up to re-open Ye Olde Infocomme Shoppe, but am holding out on one last thing: the MobyScale.  I just have this horrible fear that two or three days after I bring the Shoppe back up, someone will suggest a change to the Scale, my pages will become instantly outdated, I'll have to update them, and by that time I'll be swamped with deals and won't get around to it for days.

So I was hoping we could go over the scale one last time, see if there are any more changes to make, make them if there are, and finalize version 1.0 of the MobyScale, which will hopefully last us for several months at least before any additional modifications are required.

One suggestion I would like to make is to modify the "Excess Defects" rating to not include "missing box".  This may be accurate if one is grading the entire package as a single unit (which the MobyScale does advise against).  However, when grading game parts seperately using the full or abbreviated form of the scale, I'd prefer not to rate something that isn't even there.  I think it's more logical in this case to either rate only the props, or to use the "IM" notation as a place-holder to indicate that the box is missing -- "IM/VG", for example.

Also, an optional modifier we might consider adding is one for those rare items included in some, but not all, game packages, for example the lapel pin and Ral Partha order form in the first 5000 copies of Infocom's "BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception", and the poster I've heard is in some of Interplay's "Dragon Wars".  Since these items were not normally included in all packages, a package can still be considered
complete without them... although one that does have them is far more desirable and could stand to be noted as such.  LMK what you think.

Other than this, I am satisfied with the current scale, but am open to suggestions from anyone who has them.

Thanks.  Looking forward to announcing the new system soon!