Pedro Quaresma wrote:

> >For example, I can tell you guys that
> >there are several Cyber Exchanges and Software ReRuns around where I live
> >(Naperville, IL, USA).  I tell you this because I've already picked them
> clean
> >for my own purposes.
>
> You didn't pick the RPGs, did you? :)

Nope.  I don't collect RPGs.  In fact, I think I collect everything that you
guys *don't* collect.

> >I'm helping by sharing, and I'm not worried about missing
> >a deal because I've already been there.
>
> I'm rarely worried about missing a deal even if I haven't been there yet...
> unless there's an Akalabeth or Ultima CPC listed or something... 0:)

I'll drop a bomb, here:  I don't know what you're talking about when you say
"Ultima CPC".  Could you explain?

Here's another bomb:  I have never, ever liked any Ultimas.  I find them
contrived and scatterbrain; I feel the storylines are manufactured and trite.
And most of all, the name "Lord British" really rubs me the wrong way -- it
rubbed me the wrong way when I first saw it on the bootup screen of Ultima 2
and it still rubs me the wrong way today.  It's a dorky,
grammatically-incorrect handle.  When I hear the name "Lord British", I picture
a pimply 14-yr-old trying to think of a "cool" handle to choose when signing
onto a BBS door.

I am the only software collector in the world who doesn't like Ultima.  I love
Origin, just not Ultima.  If there is any one thing that any one Ultima game
does better than *all* other RPGs, I'd sure like to know.  (If you want to
reply :-) please do so privately as I don't think everyone on the list wants to
hear a flamewar over Ultima.)
--
http://www.MobyGames.com/
The world's most comprehensive gaming database project.