Jim Leonard boldly stated:

>Hugh Falk wrote:
>>
>> Another bit of trivia related to this....
>>
>> Airheart was renamed "Typhoon Thompson: Search for the Sea Child" for other
>> platforms.  I'm not sure why they renamed it.  I'm most familiar with the ST
>> version, which is an EXCELLENT game.

I just scanned through the Gorlin interview from "Halcyon Days" again.
It seems "Typhoon Thompson" was more of an expansion on Airheart than
a port.  He says he wanted to do underwater cities and tunnels between
islands, but didn't have time.  I'll have to find this game now.

>I booted up Airheart for the first time on a real Apple II and HOLY CRAP that
>is an awesome programming effort!  Did Dan Gorlin do the graphics himself as
>well?

In "Halcyon Days," he says "we drew the largest versions of each
sprite by hand."  They were then scaled with proprietary tools.  I
assume "we" means he had a small team helping him.

>Side note:  Does anyone have any pointers on getting Apple II graphics
>programming info?  I am dying to learn how double-hires was accomplished and
>why you needed 128K bankswitching to do it.

I wish I could help, but I don't recall why it required 128K, if I
ever even knew.  I never really got into the guts of the //e.  I guess
that's why I'm a web developer now instead of a real coder. 8)

--
Lee K. Seitz  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
                   Wanted:  Vintage Pac-M*n necktie