Isn't Hack the genesis of Rogue? Wasn't Hack on the PDPs of the world throughout the
seventies, and was ported to PCs, and finally to a commerical game from Epyx?

As for the wizard's password I've been searching for an answer (lightly) on and off
for years. If you press Contol-P in Rogue a prompt appears: "Wizard's Password: ".
No matter what you type a message is displayed, "Hmm, were you ever as smart as Ken
Arnold?" I wonder if this is a red herring or a real password?