Have you ever seen the great PBS documentary "Triumph of the Nerds"? Part two of the
three part series deals with the evolution of DOS and the Microsoft/IBM split. It's
probably not news to the participants of this mailing list, but it was neat to see all
the faces of the famous years. Tim Patterson, Gary Kildall, Ed Roberts, Woz. You've
probably seen those guys before, but the Eddie Currie's and Lee Felsenstein's of the
era
were also interviewed -- important folks who just never achieved the level of
Kildall/Roberts.

If you've never seen it you can grab it from Amazon on VHS for something like $60. It's
well worth it. It was released in 1995 if I recall correctly.

I'd still blame Microsoft's bullying practices on Gates as much as Ballmer. Just
because
Ballmer swung the ax doesn't mean Gates didn't give the orders.

There's a great Geos fan page at: http://www.zimmers.net/geos/index.html