On second thought, I have a question -- how does this card emulate the
native OS of the legacy disks? Or does it do this at all? If there is
SID support, Amiga joystick support, etc, it leads me to believe that
the card does more than allowing the reading and writing of files in
legacy format.

Am I missing something obvious here?