BL wrote:

I understand the scale, there is just the point with Mint Sealed and Near
Mint implying the state of the shrink on the product while there's also a
modifier for Sealed..  It just seems redundant to me.  In essense MS and NM
are the same thing, except for the wrap.  So why not M with or without S to
replace NM?  If you don't want to change it, that's fine, I'm just pointing
out the anomoly that it is and what makes the most sense to me.

You write "M with or without S" but you seem to be overlooking the fundamental definition of Mint: Mint items must be sealed. If the item is no longer factory-original sealed, it cannot be called mint. So there is no such thing as "M without S".

MS and NM are indeed the same thing except for the wrap. But you're looking at the scale without considering most collections; the majority are unsealed/unwrapped. That is why Sealed is an optional modifier.

Perhaps it's because I'm one of those shrinkwrap nuts you mentioned. :)  I
only collect stuff still in shrinkwrap.. maybe an occasional exception.  In
anycase, I can't be alone, and if anything, more and more people are seeking

You aren't alone but you are definitely in the minority. For example, I don't know a single collector on this list who maintains an entirely shrinkwrapped collection.
--
Jim Leonard ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
World's largest electronic gaming project: http://www.MobyGames.com/