How many original working floppies will be around in 50 years? You can preserve the wrap, or you can preserve the data. Which is more fun to play with?

(And if you're thinking 'duplicates', don't discount subtle variants, or the miniscule possibility your sealed box is missing something by accident...)

On Jan 15, 2004, at 7:56 PM, BL wrote:

Well, I kinda see it as preserving a legacy. How many originally
shrinked versions of a game will be around in fifty years?

Marco

Exactly Marco.. couldn't have said it better myself.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Thorek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 7:55 PM
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Need advice regarding a Wasteland purchase

Per-Olof Karlsson schrieb:

I support this view too. Shrinkwrapped items to me are interesting
mainly
because I know "it's all in the box", and if mint also that it's all in
perfect condition. Other than that, I'm not too interested. I can be
found
removing the shrink when I'm curious enough and don't have an open copy
around. As long as my game is in excellent condition and complete, I'm
happy! I do keep many of them still in wrap due to the financial aspect
of
things, but I wouldn't be too surprised if this attitude would go away
much
like it did with comic books. If you can't see what's inside, look at
the
stuff that came with it, then what's the point? Other than being an
investment, I see no reason at all to keep it in shrinkwrap.