From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: den 21 januari 2004 12:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SWCollect] Ethical question

Just curious, how do people here feel about buying an item you know is valuable but the person selling does not? Such as collectable software. Do you feel funny bargaining down a price when you know it is worth a lot more than what you are paying? I kind of figured myself that the knowledge of what is valuable justifies paying a low price, the person selling does not have that knowledge, we do (when it comes to collectable software at least). I just sold an item I've had since the early 80s (not software). Got what I thought was a so so price, but turns out it was worth about 4-5 times what I sold it for (not a cheap item either). Felt kind of bad but learned something from the deal which will help me in the future. What do you all think? Ever feel guilty buying a game for $5 that you know is worth maybe $100 or more?

Tom

Visit my web page for many games for sale/trade and screen shots of Ultima Escape from Mt. DrashTom's Ultima, Infocom and RPG page