Ultima II is also in the Ultima Trilogy :) Distinct from the others because the splash screen says "Origin" and not "Sierra".

On Jan 28, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Howard Feldman wrote:

Sounds cool. I'd agree that TWO ratings might be better - one for 'rarity' and one for 'value'. The Giant list of Classic Game Programmers is a good source of game names and authors for starts. Digital Press publishes a rarity guide for video game cartidges (and some computer games), avaiable for $25. Thus I imagine it would be something along these lines?

I agree the best way to start is we all make our own rarity lists and then we average the results or something. It would also be important to distinguish between different versions of the same game, which may very greatly in value. For example, Ultima II comes in a large box, a small sierra box, and a small Black on-line box. Wizardry II comes in a flat folder package, and a shiny box like wizardry I. Each of these has different rarities. Even the rarity for different computers can vary although this is generally less important since most of us (?) do not collect the saem game for multiple computers unless there are other differences besides the floppy disk.

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Imaginary
Oddity
Unique
Shameless placeholder to complete acronym

-- ------------------------------------------------------------ Howard Feldman Author of the Search for Freedom Computer Role-Playing Game Visit its homepage at: http://deep.mshri.on.ca/people/feldman