Tom,

I hope I didn't give you the impression that I don't care at all about stuff like this.  It bugs me too when people charge money for games that abandonware sites have for free download (which the sites themselves probably shouldn't, but that's a whole other discussion that I think we've had before).  But I prefer to reserve my major battles for people who are specifically trying to defraud collectors of old packaging.  Although what this guy is doing isn't legal, he's not fooling anyone (or even trying) about what he is offerring, and there are too many others doing the same thing.

However I will file a report with eBay and see if they do anything about it.  Power in numbers, so anybody else wanting to do the same, go here:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [SWCollect] Chris?

In a message dated 03/26/2004 8:51:22 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Hah, not true - did you look at his other items?  He has about 10 of those auctions going at once, and some are as high as $10 bucks.

A couple other things then I'll let it go, for now. Even at .01 notice he charges $5 shipping. Costs maybe a buck to ship a bare CD. And I'm betting he puts some sort of GRTech "label" on the CD so people think it is legit when they get it. I'm starting to get more annoyed the more I think about it, tons of auctions, up to $10 each for the CDs, $5 shipping each, possible further money to "download" the other games, BIG money potentially...............  Hope no "lurkers" watching this discussion. Jim, just curious, is there a published list of members of this group?

Tom

Visit my web page for many games for sale/trade and screen shots of Ultima Escape from Mt. Drash,  Tom's Ultima, Infocom and RPG page