In my otherwise pristine ratings on ebay I won a single neutral comment when I backhanded someone for not being responsive (30 days no answer, and for that I was called 'impatient'). At the bottom of what had to be a 4-page auction description was a blurb that he's "sometimes out of town". This was about... 2 years ago.

Today I noticed that this neutral has "disappeared", and my feedback score is at 100% positive. Huh? Compound that with another counter I never noticed "0 feedbacks mutually removed". Granted I live in ignorance of the world around me and all, but did I miss an overhaul of the feedback system?

I looked at my history, and sure enough 5/11/01, there is my single neutral comment. But it doesn't score in my summary. I read the link below the feedback summary and nowhere in there did it mention an expiration date for scores. The person who left me the neutral is still active, so that's not it either. How odd.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewFeedback&userid=danc256&items=200&page=2&frompage=-1&item=-1&de=off

Mercifully the list doesn't keep a feedback score on my comments :) (How brutal would that be if every mail message came with a voting link).