No, no quotes ! I sent a FLA on the Trac site, but if you are on Linux you might not be able to open it, but the only actionscript line in it is what I posted before ( tfVal.text = 9.8;) !
The textfield was not created by actionscript, but within the IDE, maybe this is the difference that wreaks havoc ?

On 4/21/06, Mark Winterhalder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/21/06, Quentin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the link !
> Sorry to bother, but how can you explain the SWF generated by the Flash IDE
> works fine, but the one rendered via swfmill has this floating point problem
> ?

The one generated by the IDE does *not* have this problem? I have no
idea how this could be possible. I tested by creating a TextField by
script, and it had the same problem. I can't test with the IDE
(Linux), but would be *very* surprised if it wouldn't behave the same
way -- are you sure you didn't set the text to "9.8" (*with* the
quotes)?

Mark

--
http://snafoo.org/