Here is what I did, according to what you suggested :
  • Put together a FLA with only a dynamic textfield on the stage with an instance name "tf"
  • Wrote an ActionScript class that simply sets the textfield content to 9.8
  • Injected the code via MTASC
The updated SWF works fine, the textfield displays 9.8.
Then I placed the SWF with a simple swfmill XML file and the bug I had appears : the textfield is filled with 9.80000019073486 !

Here the class I wrote :

class com.dasp.test.TfTester {
    public static function main(mc:MovieClip) {
        mc.tf.text=9.8;
    }
}

Hope this helps...

On 4/21/06, Mark Winterhalder < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/21/06, Quentin < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, no quotes ! I sent a FLA on the Trac site, but if you are on Linux you
> might not be able to open it, but the only actionscript line in it is what I
> posted before ( tfVal.text = 9.8;) !
> The textfield was not created by actionscript, but within the IDE, maybe
> this is the difference that wreaks havoc ?

Possibly -- if you had the AS in the IDE then it's a different
compiler. Maybe MMC is smart enough to cast it to a string? Could you
try generating the textfield with the IDE and then compiling some AS
with mtasc to set the text, please?

Mark

--
http://snafoo.org/