Check out swftools.  I seem to remember there being some obfuscating
ability in that toolset.  However, I don't think i was as simple as
swftool -encrypt my.swf.  I also seem to remember someone that worked on
swftools creating some helper scripts, or programs.  Again, this has
been a while back.  Also, Motion Twin offers an obfuscator.  It is
opensource nor free though.  Flasm and Flare come to mind as well.

I read somewhere(no idea now) that if all you're wanting to do is
protect your media files .mp3, .avi, .jpg's and what not, that the swf
player doesn't check filetype.  So you can name your files anything you
want and embed them into the flash file.  When someone parses out the
strings and tries to locate external content, while not impossible, could
involve some effort.

That's about all I know of.

--
rjmolesa