Christopher Brian Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 03:55:03 -0800
(PST)):

  > Okay since everyone seems religiously opposed to making bug-free SVG
  > importing in swfmill

Brian, i really dont know how you get that idea. As said, i am *lacking the
resources* to work on the SVG import. I surely would like to have it bug-free,
too, even though it doesnt solve your problem at all..

Ian is right, even if swfmill could import SVG fine, you still couldn't access
or manipulate the shape structures (except transformations on a high level).
JSON is one option (see google). Your idea of using (generating?) a haxe class
another. You could also parse SVG from actionscript, generate some haXe
datastructure to store your shapes, or use haXe's -resource flag to embed the
shapes in some format that you can parse..

  > While AS can use the drawing primitives to draw into movieClips there's
  > no way to change control points or make use of frames when done this way
  > (except to redraw the shape in the movieClip each time).

that is a flash "limitation" (or design decision), ie, something you'll have to
live with.

  > What does a vecotr object drawn in flash proper come out as in smfmill's
  > XML output?

? i dont understand this question.

-dan

--