Christopher Brian Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (on Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:13:29 -0800
(PST)):

  > Am I catching that right?  Flash just imports everything to a bunch of
  > actionscript?  With the only difference being the stuff in DefineShape
  > supports multiple frames whereas runtime AS doesn't?

There is no script code in the star.xml at all, it's basic SWF tags.
Actionscript is compiled to bytecode (to be found in DoAction2 tags, amongst
others) by Flash (or MTASC, or haXe).

There's a lot you can't do from script (importing fonts comes to mind), and a
lot you can't do without script (any program logic more complex than really
simple buttons). That's why there's MTASC/haXe *and* swfmill :)

-dan

--
http://0xDF.com/
http://iterative.org/