I tried to use swfmill together with the font DejaVuSans-ExtraLight
(dejavu.sf.net), but at least 2 glyphs (p and d) are imported
incorrectly.
While I was trying to understand the code I found an interesting
function in the FreeType API Reference (FT_Outline_Decompose) that
allows to simplify the importing. All fonts I have testet seem to work
with the new code. I've also testet the MSGOTHIC glyphs that showed
similar errors some time ago and they also work fine.

I had an problem understanding the ShapeMaker code. Does the R in
lineToR, setupR,... stand for relative? This would be misleading,
because setupR is absolute and not relative. I temporarily added my own
setup function (setup2), but someone who knows this code should look
into it again.

An comparison between the new and old code is available at:
http://pep-mp.de/swfmill/import_ttf.png
The patch: http://pep-mp.de/swfmill/import_ttf.patch

I also made another unrelated little patch, that fixed a segfault while
importing an SVG file: http://pep-mp.de/swfmill/css.patch

Ralf