Hello Kriss,
you are right, swfmill isn't normally built with MSVC. The windows
builds are compiled with MinGW.

The delete in swft_import_ttf.cpp is wrong, the string should be freed
with xmlFree. I've committed this change to the SVN, this should fix the
problem.

Another Windows user also had problems with PNGs some time ago. He found
a "solution", that solved his problem:
http://osflash.org/pipermail/swfmill_osflash.org/2007-May/001318.html .
Perhaps this also works for you. It would be nice if you can find the
cause of this crash. I wasn't able to reproduce it using the Linux
binary or the windows binary with Wine.

Ralf