Hello Kriss,
I also had some problems with filenames some time ago and fixed this
problem three weeks ago. Sorry that I didn't mention it in the changelog
or wrote a reply to your mail and caused you additional work. But at
least it works now ;).
I can apply your vc6 changes when you provide a patch against the
current svn version and it doesn't break anything, when compiling with
gcc.

Ralf