On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Joel Poloney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Mark Winterhalder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I think the compression setting in Flash only affects JPGs (where
> > Swfmill just takes what you pass to it, so you'd have to use another
> > program to compress your JPGs further if desired).
>
> If you're talking about the Flash IDE, then this is incorrect. Even though
> it says "jpeg compression", it will affect all images, regardless. For
> example, I had it compressing my transparent PNG images quite a bit. I have
> no idea what type of compression they're using, but I think that's what this
> thread (and my thread) are all about. How can we achieve such compression
> from the command line.

Yes, the Flash IDE is what I meant.

I'd be curious about an experiment somebody with access to Flash could
do: A simple SWF with just a single PNG, once with lowest compression,
then highest compression, and how those compare to each other and a
Swfmill equivalent.
I mean, we can see with Zlib how lossless compression can differ
depending on how many cycles you throw at it, but if SWF's lossless
compression varies in size, I wonder why it's not at highest per
default.

Mark