Daniel Cassidy <[email protected]> wrote: > I also did a little of my own investigation yesterday evening and > found that the off-the-cuff advice I offered yesterday is probably not > sufficient for working with as3compile. I was expecting to be able to > do something like this: > > swfmill simple assets.xml assets.swf > as3compile -l assets.swf -o example.swf example.as
I am no expert on Flash (would be grateful for a sample assets and AS3 code to merge), but I have looked at the swftools code. as3compile imports only contents of tags 72 (RAWABC) and 82 (DOABC) from the -l *.swf files. It generates a very simple SWF file with DOABC tag only. So, what one can do: as3compile -o code.swf code.as swfmill swf2xml code.swf code.xml and just merge the code.xml with assets.xml (taking contents only of <DoABCDefine> tag and possibly <SymbolClass> only). This can be done with any text editor. Future integration scenarios include: 1) Have the XML "linking" program doing effectively above work (could be called swfmerge / swflink). 2) Make swfmill accept an ABC blob somehow as input (it is trivial to make as3compile to output raw .abc object dump). My wish were also possibility to extract ABC objects as binary dumps for various decompilers using swfmill. (Maybe xml2abc/abc2xml options? Another tool extracting abc code only out of swf/xml?) 3) Write a copy of writeABC() function (found in swftools lib/as3/abc.c) that produces XML instead of the ABC bytecode. This code could use swftools libs and actually this could end up in a full-scale as3 compiler *inside* of swfmill - so that one could even use as3 source between <DoABCDefine>...</DoABCDefine> tags. In this case swftools libraries could become dependencies for swfmill. This completely ignores resolution of external objects between files. But I can work this out given some example asset/code files to work on. -- Marcin Cieslak _______________________________________________ swfmill mailing list [email protected] http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
