2009/11/12 [email protected] <[email protected]>: > I have an automated script which does ./configure; make; sudo make install; > I want it to handle rebuilding swfmill, and wondering does the "make > clean" work?
Yes it works. It removes all files generated by 'make'. It does not yet remove XML files generated by 'make check' -- this is a known bug, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/swfmill/+bug/462100 > Anyways, as far as I know, even if it works, it does not cover > removing installed files, right? No, nor should it. To remove installed files run make uninstall (as root if necessary). > I install it in /usr/local prefix, but don't want to remove files > blindly - I mean I know what 0.2.12.6 installs, but is there a way to > get a list of files a given version would install? I know this is more > of a question to people building package installer scripts, but > frankly I suspect each package has its own quirks on this. Hope I make > myself clear here... Not really. The official way to uninstall from source is to run make uninstall. You have to have the package configured the same as when you installed it. This is standard for all autotools-based packages. Hope this helps, Dan. _______________________________________________ swfmill mailing list [email protected] http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
