In my build environment, I can't write output files under the source 
directories.  They end up in a totally separate location, which may be 
different on various build servers or developer machines.  When I then try to 
import these assets, I need to refer to the environment variable, which is 
correctly defined on any machine, to import them.

Right now, I'm preprocessing these, but I was hoping swfmill had support for 
environment variables so I didn't have to do that.

Brian


________________________________________
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Nick Sabalausky [[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:23 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [swfmill] Environment variables

Is there any particular reason you can't just use relative URLs and dictate
a certain directory structure on just the project itself? (ex: "Inside the
project's directory, the assets must be in './assets' ") That's what's
usually done.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gunn, Brian" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:10 PM
Subject: [swfmill] Environment variables


Hi all.

Is there a way to use environment variables with swfmill?  What I'd like to
do is something like this:

            <clip id="splashScreen" import="%ASSETDIR%/splashScreen.swf"/>

Or $ASSETDIR or $(ASSETDIR) or any way of specifying an environment
variable.  The reason I ask is because my build is running on different
machines and each has a different directory where the assets are stored.

Thank you!

Brian



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> swfmill mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org
>


_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

_______________________________________________
swfmill mailing list
[email protected]
http://osflash.org/mailman/listinfo/swfmill_osflash.org

Reply via email to