I've been trying to debug why an 80KB PDF generates a 500KB SWF file.

If I run pdf2swf on a Linux box that's the size I get.

If I run it on a Mac I get a SWF file slightly smaller than the PDF.

I thought maybe this was a font issue so I copied all my fonts from the Mac
to the Linux box (after converting from .dfont files), and still got the
same results.

Any ideas why I get such a big difference? Shall I put the output from the
conversions with verbose on somewhere for people to look at?

Matt.