On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Pablo Rodríguez <oi...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I'm afraid that the Linux binary might not use compression for the
> output PDF. I experienced that before with swfc (not sure with pdf2swf
> [I can't remember it]). Which Linux distribution are you using? Did you
> installed it from a repository or by yourself? Which swftools version
> are you using?

I installed from source and made sure that the ./configure output pretty
much matched on both OSs (with platform differences obviously). It's Ubuntu
(I think 10.4?). swftools is 0.9.2 on both platforms.

Did you see the dots difference I posted most recently? I'm pretty sure
it's related to the dots, not compression, as swfdump gives a significantly
different output, and a visual inspection shows that the two SWFs are
different (with respect to the dots).

> Since wine is able to use the Windows version of swftools, you have an
> easy way to check whether pdf2swf for Windows gives the same size results.

Sure, but I think the dots is the problem, and so I'd like to know how to
get the same results as the Mac produced, otherwise I'm going to have to
switch to an ImageMagick/convert version for this app and use images.

Matt.