Le 23 déc. 2015 à 13:36, Matthew Johnson <matt...@anandabits.com> a écrit :

>> I'm not sure why you say the last two should be addressed separately from
>> the "production" language. Are you proposing Swift should come in multiple
>> language variants?
>>

> Not exactly.
>
> My point is that it is best to design the language to address production
> concerns first.  If the defaults in that design cause problems for
> prototyping and / or education it is possible to offer an environment with a
> modified default.  I don’t know if that is a good idea or not.  I am not a
> target user for either of those use cases (personally, I would rather
> prototype with the production language).  Either way, it is possible, just as
> it is possible to have @testable to facilitate unit testing.
>
> I strongly feel that I shouldn’t pay a price in production code in order to
> better support those use cases.  IMO ‘final’ is the right default for
> production code and we pay a price if the default is anything less, including
> ‘sealed’.

By "pay a price" you mean diminished performance, right? That would depend on
the ABI (which hasn't been discussed much yet, is there some preliminary docs
about it?).

I don't think there is a price in performance to pay for sealed. You simply
call a static function in the library, and that static function does the
dynamic dispatch only if the library contains some overrides for that function.
If there's no override it's simply purely a static call.

--
Michel Fortin
https://michelf.ca