> I know you're not proposing that feature right now, but want to understand
> how you expect it to work.  It looks to me like this starts to enter design
> by contract territory.  Would the predicate behave as if it was part of a
> precondition?

I suppose I imagine it as equivalent to a precondition() placed at the call
site, rather than inside the function. If the compiler can prove that the
precondition will be violated, it can refuse to compile the call. But I haven't
thought deeply about it, so I don't really know for sure.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies