+1 on statement vs lexical scope. additionally { $0.something ... } is more explicit than just .something.

On 13.04.2016 17:36, Taras Zakharko via swift-evolution wrote:
We had this kind of proposal earlier, didn’t seem to be very well received. I
still think it would be a useful thing, but I’d do it as a statement (extension
of do) that introduces new lexical  scope (similar to self)

— Taras

On 13 Apr 2016, at 16:25, Sean Heber via swift-evolution